Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Reflection

      From these journals I have seen myself grow as a musician.  In the beginning I was still learning the correct way to hold my bow.  And I really didn’t know what to write for this journal because I didn’t quite know what a quality performance is.  After a while of writing these journals I found that the reflecting on what we were learning in class and answering the question “What is a quality performance?” really made me think about the music.  I used to think I wasn’t really that important to the orchestra last year and I wouldn’t put in 100% every day.  And like so many people say you only get out what you put into things so I wasn’t doing the best that I could.  However, now I know that I will not be getting anywhere if I kept on thinking this way.  Now I try to make every note count and put in as much effort as a sleep deprived teen can at ever rehearsal.  Putting in as much effort as I can will make a quality performance.

No comments:

Post a Comment