Friday, December 17, 2010

December 17th, 2010

      The concert last night was amazing!!! I thought we did pretty good and didn’t mess up really at all.  But it was the higher orchestras that were so amazing.  The sounded like a professional orchestra.  The Muse song composed my Alex Martin was really cool, like Muse’s music.  I also thought it was very interesting how Alex composed and arranged it herself.  Also, the really long piece that had the full orchestra, choir and Harvey on the piano was epic and incredible.  I hope that one day I will get into one of the higher orchestras.
      When asked the question what makes a quality performance, I can now say I know the answer to that.  It is playing to the best to your ability.  We didn’t sound nearly as good as the other orchestras because some of us are younger, have a little less experience or could put in more effort.  But we sounded good for us.  But we must continue to put on a great quality  performance.  To make a quality performance we need to practice the music and know everything about it and still be able to step away from the music and work together and improve between each performance.  So your performances will be improving in quality every time.

No comments:

Post a Comment