Monday, December 6, 2010

December 6th, 2010

        Last week in class we went over some of the rough stuff in our pieces then played them like it was the concert on recording.  First we played Egyptian Legacy.  The beginning was good but at some parts we fell apart but got back together latter.  However at the end some of the sections were just not together.  I was only able to evaluate this because of the recording.  The recording let the whole class here what we sound like to other people.  What we found wasn’t exactly what we wanted to here in all of the parts.  But some were pretty good.
       After Egyptian Legacy we played American Landscape.  Almost the entire piece was perfect.  My section, the cello section, was together in all of our parts.  Except I had a few parts were I messed up a little like I always do.  Now that I am thinking about how I always mess up on those little things here and there I kind of want to go practice now.  So, I will wrap this up really quick, practice and then write about that.
This week i am getting a closer look at what could be a quality performance.  There are many parts in both the songs where we sound like good quality.  Even you, Mr. Wolf, said that at this one part we sounded like a professional orchestra!
        In American Landscape the whole orchestra was together for just about the whole song.  Also, in Egyptian Legacy we are definitely on our way to a really cool and quality performance.

No comments:

Post a Comment