Wednesday, October 27, 2010

October 27th, 2010

Egyptian Legacy
            Two weeks ago we received new piece of music called Egyptian Legacy.  It has lots of complicated bowings and accents.  However, it does have lots of repetition which makes it easy but boring.
            Through measures 38 to 51 it has a lot of odd bowings with lifts and up and down bows.  I do not get it yet.
38-51 in Egyptian Legacy

Also, at 88 there is some funky bowing that I also do not get at all. 
88-93 of Egyptian Legacy

        However, the beginning is sort of easy and I know I will have it down in a little bit with practice at home.
        At this point, I am not doing a quality performance, yet.  I will need to first tackle the rhythms and notes and add in dynamics and articulation later.   Once that all happens I will have a quality performance.  But that will take a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment